In January, we went to Kauai with Hayden’s family. We had been thinking about where we should go and looking at plane tickets when we found a steal of a deal on Black Friday for super cheap tickets to Kauai. So we went! I’ve been feeling super blessed lately because it’s not every winter that I get to go to Florida AND Hawaii (with a short layover in LA). Apparently I really needed to escape the Utah winter. We had beautiful weather; it only rained for about 30 minutes one afternoon. My favorite part was hiking the Pihea Trail because the last time I did it, it was so foggy you couldn’t even see over the cliff. It was perfectly clear this time. My least favorite part was getting sea sick on the boat tour to the Na Pali Coast and the fact that the Kalalau Trail and Limahuli Gardens were closed due to flood damage.
We stayed at a condo near Princeville. We kept busy doing a ton of activities around the island.
- Mini golfing near Kilauea
- Enjoying fresh pineapple from a farmer’s market
- Seeing a turtle and seal at Poipu Beach
- Enjoying ice cream at Lappert’s
- Sunbathing at multiple beaches
- Boat tour of the Na Pali Coast
- Kayaking and zipline tour at Princeville Ranch
- Train ride at Kilohana Plantation
- Driving through Waimea Canyon, hiking the Pihea Trail at the top, and enjoying fresh fruit from the vendors along the way
And of course, I took lots of photos to document our excursions. Vacations are pretty much the only time I wear a camera around my neck all day, so that’s why I have tons of pictures to share! Enjoy!
Not pictured: Na Pali Coast boat tour, shave ice at the general store, Princeville Ranch kayaking & zipline tour, biking along the coast, Mini golf in Kilauea, and Kalihiwai Beach.
Stay classy friends,